The location for 2020 is to be determined. In 2019 it was held at:
Science Park 904
1098 XH Amsterdam
For more info about parking and transport click here. There will be no trains to station “Amsterdam Science Park” on 22 August. Busses will drive instead, this causes a bit of delay.
The symposium will be at Building C, which is the main building of UvA, Faculty of Science. You will be guided to the lecture halls for the symposium upon entrance.
Room C1.110 (280)
Room C0.05 (200)
Hotels in Amsterdam close to Science Park
- Q-Factory hotel, https://www.q-factory-hotel.nl/en/index.html This is the closest hotel to the Faculty of Science, Science park, possible to walk, about 25 minutes.
Direct stop train from the airport Schiphol Amsterdam to the hotel (about 20 minutes to Muiderpoort station + 500 m walk), from Muiderpoort bus to Science Park (total time to get to the University – Science Park ca. 20 minutes)
- Meininger hotel Amsterdam Amstel https://www.meininger-hotels.com/en/
Located at the Amsterdam Amstel Station and the bus station – direct bus to Science Park, departure every 10 minutes, 10 minutes. Train + metro to get from Schiphol.
- Volkshotel, Wibautstraat 150, 1091 GR Amsterdaml https://www.volkshotel.nl/en
To get to Science Park: one metro stop to Amstel Station (all metros) and then the same bus as above. From the airport train to Central Station and metro.
- The Student hotel Amsterdam City https://www.thestudenthotel.com/amsterdam-city/ situated on the other side of the street to Volkshotel
- IBIS Amsterdam Centre (located next to the Amsterdam Central Station)
https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-1556-ibis-amsterdam-centre/index.shtml#origin=accorhotels Direct train to Science Park (takes 8 minutes + 5 minutes walk to University). Direct train from Schiphol to the hotel (takes about 15 minutes).
Public transportation links:
- Train planner: https://www.ns.nl/en (available as NS app for the phone)
- app 9292 all transportation route planner in the city. https://9292.nl/en
Weather: app Buienradar (= Shower Radar) to see when and where the rain is coming in whole Netherlands